Print Freedom! PDF if you want to work on the Discipleship Study (Part 8 ) with a hard copy or you can work on it directly from this web page. If you are struggling with any of the questions, contact me and I can email you or call you to work through this online Discipleship Bible study.
(Read John – Chapter 8:31-51)
1. Although one has believed in Jesus, what do we have to do to truly be His disciples? v.31
2. Explain in your own words, what it means to “hold to my teachings.” v. 31
3. The result of continuing in His Word is to know what? v. 32
4. What will the truth do for us? v. 32
5. Verse 33 says, “We have never been slaves to anyone!” Is it true that the Jews had never been slaves? What about Moses?
6. Jesus said that “whoever commits sin is a ________.” v. 14
7. Today, we do not see slavery in our society, but does slavery exist today? Explain
8. Who is more secure in the home, the slave or the Son? v. 35
9. Who has the power to free us? v. 36
10. In both verses (32 and 36), appears the same word. What word?
11. Why did the Jew (Descendants of Abraham) desire to kill Jesus? v. 17
12. Is there a place within me for the Words of Jesus? Yes or No?
13. To what two Fathers does verse 38 refer?
14. In Verses 40 and 41, the Jews said that their Father was God. Why did they say that they were not illegitimate children?
15. Jesus insisted that “He proceeded and came down from the Father.” Who sent Jesus to earth? v. 42
16. Is it difficult to understand the words of Jesus? v. 43 Yes or No?
17. Jesus spoke clearly in verse 44. To whom did the Jewish leaders belong?
18. What are the desires of the devil? v. 44
19. Why did they not believe in Jesus? v. 45
20. Did Jesus sin? v. 46
21. What does the person do that belongs to God? v. 47
22. What other blessing do we have if we keep His Words? v. 49-51
WHAT WONDERFUL HOPE WE. HAVE IN CHRIST.
We will never die spiritually. TRULY, WE ARE FREE! !