Print I am the Resurrection PDF if you want to work on the Discipleship Study (Part 10) with a hard copy or you can work on it directly from this web page. If you are struggling with any of the questions, contact me and I can email you or call you to work through this online Discipleship Bible study.
I am the Resurrection
(Read John – Chapter 11)
1. Who was sick at Bethany? v. 1
2. Who sent word that “The one you love, is sick?” v. 2-3
3. Jesus explained that this illness was for the glory of God, and therefore, who was glorified through it? v. 4
4. According to verse 5, whom did Jesus love?
5. Why do you think Jesus stayed 2 days longer in the place where he was? v. 6
6. Jesus wanted to return again to Judea, but not the disciples. Why? v. 7-8
7. Jesus, knowing what he was going to do said, “Our friend Lazarus __________, but I am going there to wake him up.” vs. 9-11 (Note: Remember, Jesus isn’t limited to seeing only where he is.)
8. Did the disciples understand what Jesus was saying? v. 12 Yes or No?
9. For them to understand clearly, Jesus said, “______________” v. 14
10. Jesus did this miracle principally for the disciples to _____________ v.15
11. According to verse 16, what was Thomas thinking?
12. Arriving in Bethany, they found that Lazarus had been buried for how long? v. 17-19
13. Martha came to meet Jesus. What did she say to him? v. 20-21
14. What words of hope did Jesus speak to Martha? v. 23
15. What did Jesus say? vs. 24-25 “1 am ____________________”
16. What is our hope when we believe in Jesus? v. 26
17. Yes! Martha had believed in Jesus, but her pain was so great because her brother was in the tomb. v. 27 In verse 28, whom did Martha call?
18. Where did Mary go when she received the news of Jesus arrival? v. 29-30
19. Where did the people think Mary was going? v. 31
20. What reaction do we see in Jesus when he saw Mary? v. 32-33
21. Jesus asked to see where Lazarus was. What emotion do we see next? v. 35
22. As human beings, what did the people not understand? v. 36-37
23. What did Jesus request when he arrived at the tomb? v. 38-39
24. Although it had been 4 days since Lazarus had died, Jesus told them, v. 40 “If you would believe, you will see _____________”
25. When they moved the stone, with whom did Jesus speak? v. 41
26. In His prayer, Jesus told them the “why” of this death. v. 42 What did he pray?
27. What happened when Jesus cried, “Lazarus, come outl”? v. 43-44
28. What was the order that Jesus gave? v. 44
29. After this miracle, many believed in Jesus. v. 45 But be careful of the enemy. What did the Jews then desire to do to Jesus and Lazarus? v. 53 and John 12:10
Conclusion: On the one hand, we see many believing in Jesus. Glory to God! But we also see the opposition becoming very strong. We can expect the enemy of our souls to bring trouble to our lives, but Jesus gives us victory.