Print Leave Your Life of Sin PDF if you want to work on the Discipleship Study (Part 7) with a hard copy or you can work on it directly from this web page. If you are struggling with any of the questions, contact me and I can email you or call you to work through this online Discipleship Bible study.
Leave Your Life of Sin
(Read John – Chapter 8 )
1. In verse 1, Jesus had gone to the Mount of Olives. But in the morning He returned where? v. 2
2. Jesus then sat down to teach who? v. 2
3. Who brought the woman caught in adultery to Jesus and set her in their midst? v. 3
4. What was the sin of the woman? v. 4
5. How many people are needed to commit this sin?
6. In verse 5, the scribes and Pharisees referred to the Law of Moses. Can you find their error? (Leviticus 20:10)
7. They wanted to listen to Jesus, but for what reason? v. 6
8. What is your reason for studying the teachings of Jesus?
9. Instead of answering them, what did Jesus do? v. 6
10. What do you think Jesus wrote in the sand? If Jesus had said not to pay attention to Moses, the leaders would have said that Jesus was opposing Moses. If Jesus had said to punish the woman, they would have had the Roman authorities called to kill her because they did not have the authority to give a death sentence without Rome’s permission. In truth, this was a trap for Jesus.
11. The religious leaders insisted in asking Him what to do. What did Jesus say to them? v. 7
12. Again, what did Jesus do this time? v. 8
13. What accused the leaders of sin? v. 9
14. Note the order in which they left. v. 9 “the _____ to the______”
15. Finally, who were left alone? v. 9 ____ and ______ Please note that all the people were there. v. 2
16. When Jesus raised Himself up, whom did he see? v. 10
17. Why do you believe the others had left?
18. What 2 things did Jesus tell the woman? v. 11
19. In verse 12, when Jesus spoke again, He said, “I am the ________”
20. v. 12 “Whoever _________ me will never walk in ________ but will have the ______ _______ __________”
How WONDERFUL it is to have this LIGHT in our lives! Let it SHINE!