Print The Doctrine of Jesus PDF if you want to work on the Discipleship Study (Part 6) with a hard copy or you can work on it directly from this web page. If you are struggling with any of the questions, contact me and I can email you or call you to work through this online Discipleship Bible study.
The Doctrine of Jesus
(Read John – Chapter 6 and 7)
The secret of understanding and recognizing certain ideas and philosophies lies in seeing where they come from—to see what person taught that doctrine.
1. In John 6, verse 66, why do you think that “many of his disciples went back, and no longer followed Him?”
2. In verse 67, what did Jesus ask his disciples? v. 67
3. What did Peter ask Jesus then? v. 68
4. If Jesus has the words of life, what value is there in listening to other voices?
5. Memorize John 6:69
6. In John chapter 7, we see Jesus walking in Galilee again. In verse 5, whom do we see not believing in Him?
7. In John 7:6-9 we read that Jesus stayed in Galilee. Why?
8. After Jesus went up to the feast in Jerusalem, vs. 10-12, the multitude was divided in what sense?
9. What did Jesus do in the middle of the feast? v. 13-14
10. Jesus’ teachings always bring reactions. v. 15 Why were the Jews amazed?
11. The “Doctrine of Jesus” was not His. Whose was it? v. 16
12. What do we learn when we want to do God’s will? v. 17 We “shall know_________
13. Who is true, and has nothing false about Him? v. 18
14. Why did the Jews want to kill Jesus? v. 19-23
15. How should we judge? v. 24
16. Colossians 2:8 tells us that we should not be held captive through the philosophies and human tradition of whom?
17. Those that desire to deceive, have their base in the world; but whom should we follow? Col. 2:8
18. What dwells in Him? (Christ) Col. 2:9
19. My brother or sister, do you feel complete in Jesus? Let’s read Col. 2:10 “You____________” True doctrine and teaching of Jesus is based upon God, and in Him we are complete.
20. Read John 7:37-38. He that believes in whom?
21. What will flow out from his heart? v. 38
True rivers of living water result when we follow the doctrines that Jesus taught.